Certified Performance Coach

Email: cami@mclarencoaching.com    /    Call: (916) 747-3660

Giving Thanks for You

“You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.” –Jim Rohn

The holidays are upon us. I hear over and again that holidays are “stressful,” that they “disrupt,” that they keep us from “business as usual.”

Some people embrace it. Some people fear it. Some people drop everything because it is too much, too distracting, too much pressure. Some people have fun. Some people get depressed. Some people feel a myriad of emotions seemingly all at the same time.

But you are the “master of your fate” and the “captain of your soul” (Invictus). You get to decide.

What will you do this year to shift how you are viewing this time of year? What if you stopped right now and set an intention. What will you create from now to the end of this year? How do you want to be? What is the experience you want to have of yourself, of others, of your business and the rest of your life? Looking ahead; taking a moment to set an intention rather than stumble into this next several weeks could make all the difference. If you have been reading my intention blogs, you will understand the usefulness. If not, it is simple. Just decide. Decide how you will be and commit to that. It is the difference between creating your experience and stumbling into it.


And in honor of Thanksgiving, Fall, transitions, endings and beginnings let me say,

• I am grateful for each of you (more than you can know)
• Grateful for each new day I have
• Grateful for the friends I have who hold me up so I can hold others up
• Grateful for my children who challenge me – in all the best ways
• Grateful for my health
• Grateful for the abundance of love I have in my life – old and new – and how it continues to flowthanksgiving-2016

So blessed, and may you be as well.


“We are all just walking each other home.” –Rumi


And Now, if you are in Sacramento, I have finished my speaking lineup for next year. Here it is:

Upcoming Trainings

I’m so excited to announce my goal-setting seminar for 2017.goals

On January 17, we will learn the value of setting goals, the all-important “why,” and the “how”. You will get clear on your goals. You will find the ways to commit to and achieve your goals.

Why Do 3% of Harvard MBAs Make Ten Times as Much as the Other 97% Combined ?

In 1979, interviewers asked new graduates from the Harvard’s MBA Program and found that:

• 84% had no specific goals at all
• 13% had goals but they were not committed to paper
• 3% had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them

In 1989, the interviewers again interviewed the graduates of that class. You can guess the results:

• The 13% of the class who had goals were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84 percent who had no goals at all.
• Even more staggering – the three percent who had clear, written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97 percent put together.

(Source: from the book What They Don’t Teach You in the Harvard Business School, by Mark McCormack)

Join us on January 17 to create clear written goals for the year. Get ready to surprise yourself!

Note: Some people are afraid to set goals. Some people believe they don’t know what they want and so they are reticent to come to this kind of training. However, we will give you exercises to help you learn what you want. And even if you do not walk out fully clear on your entire year, you will walk out with more clarity than you had when you walked in. This is the place to start!

“When you are clear, what you want will show up in your life, and only to the extent you are clear.” (The Passion Test, Attwood.)


Related Posts

Who Decides?

“I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood...

read more
Follow Us

Let's Get Started

Cami McLaren
Cami McLaren Coaching
Phone: (916) 747-3660
Email: cami@mclarencoaching.com
About The Author